Oracle (B2B SaaS) Case Study
- Oracle acquired three startup companies (Involver, Vitrue, and Collective Intellect) and had to merge and launch these three companies back into the marketplace as a single, cohesive product – Oracle Social Cloud.
- There were technical challenges in merging three platforms as one.
- From a marketing standpoint, the challenges were:
- Transitioning customers from a legacy product to a new product with new features, workflows, and pricing.
- Attracting new customers and showing how the new product was better than the competition.
- Training and enabling the sales team to sell the product then tracking their results.
- I worked with product, sales, and customer success teams to coordinate a successful launch of the product.
- I created all customer-facing marketing and sales materials for the product – including a new webpage, sales decks, product demos, and competitive scorecards.
- I on-boarded and trained Oracle’s global sales force on the product and how to sell it. I tracked revenue results and provided constant market feedback to the sales team via weekly email newsletters.
- Social Cloud product was successfully launched attracting 500 new enterprise customers adding tens of millions of dollars of new revenue.
- My impact was scaling sales of the product by on-boarding 2,000 sales reps with product training and enabling them to sell with relevant and impactful materials.
- I also made the product easy-to-understand (with simple messaging, product demos, and case studies) and created all subsequent customer-facing marketing materials for the product.
“Pat is the most valued modern marketer at Oracle. Pat’s customer-centric focus and ability to articulate the greater vision across multiple communication channels added tremendous value to my sales performance.”
– Simone Resnik, Social Sales Manager, Oracle
- More reviews on my LinkedIn Profile.