Involver (B2B SaaS) Case Study
- Involver is a B2B SaaS company providing social media management solutions to businesses in a fast-changing, competitive market.
- Customer needs change rapidly. For example, social media for business use was being adopted quickly and businesses wanted to create Facebook Fan Pages and engage en-masse with their end-customers.
- From a marketing standpoint, the challenges were:
- Launching new, relevant products into a competitive marketplace.
- Enabling a lean sales team to sell with the right sales tools and collateral.
- Funneling constant customer and market feedback to the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams.
- Updating prospects and customers on new product features.
- Based on customer and market feedback, we launched 2 new products (Visual SML and Conversation Suite) into the marketplace. I created and executed the go-to-market plan for both products.
- As Involver’s first product marketing hire, I created their first product-oriented public-facing website, marketing collateral, product demos, sales content portal.
- To get constant, real-time market feedback faster than industry analysts, I met with customers every Wednesday to understand their needs, concerns, use cases, and feature requests.
- The hot product portfolio led the company to be acquired by Oracle. Conversation Suite became an core part of Oracle Social Cloud product.
- My impact was introducing product-focused marketing at Involver. Our website down to sales collateral communicated our products, pricing, and value clearly.
- I also made product launches and feature updates more efficient by implementing a process of collecting customer feedback, updating Product teams, then communicating new products and features to customers.
“Pat is a highly organized marketer who is committed to his work and who understands the discipline of product marketing well. Pat was new to our industry but learned quickly – working with our customers, product, and sales team to understand the market and create marketing materials that were effective for our products. I highly recommend considering him for any marketing and business role.”
– Roland Smart, VP Marketing, Involver
- More reviews on my LinkedIn Profile.